Moderador Global
Registado: 19 abr 2018, 13:52
Enviou: 490 vezes
Agradecimento recebido: 386 vezes
Contacto:

22 mar 2019, 17:51

Bom,
Post simples só para alertar para aquilo que considero ser uma oportunidade:
Este Geoff é o melhor exemplo do que é ser um genuino good guy na area da modelação e produção de files para impressão 3D. Numca praticou precos obscenos, partilha muita coisa free, e tem um sistema de patreon dos que considero valer a pena, face ao numero, qualidade e tematica dos seus trabalhos.
Tão Good Guy que cheguei a ver grupos piarata a proibirem a partilha dos seus ficheiros ( com direito a ban , hehehehe )

ora bem , fundamentalmente ele vai alterar o sistema de tiers actual , passar para site proprio, para conseguir garantir o acesso a qq momento a qq um dos seus files ( o patreon tem este lado negativo, da acessibilidade ) e ate oferecer alguns servicos adicionais.

Quem tiver interesse , o melhor é consultar o spoiler com infos sobre isto, mas a vantagem é que , quem aderir ate 1 abril ao tier dos 10 € , nao só tem acesso à totalidade dos ficheiros de uma so vez (depois sera um sistema de antiguidade ) como nao sofre agravamentos de preco.

No Limite , isto permite que subscrevendo apenas 1 mês, sacar tudo e desistir ... Até acho que ele merece mais que um mesito apenas, mas é a ultima oportunidade para o fazer desta forma ( daí as mudanças)
Eu achava que so la ia ficar 3 meses por causa disto e acho que ja passei 1 ano....

"Visivel apenas para utilizadores registados"

Spoiler!
”Update for all Patrons!
I am communicating a lot of things through the facebook page (just because we're getting such good interaction there) but I should post an update on here also!

This is a fairly important announcement so if any of our non-english speaking members need help understanding, please let me know.

New members, if you are looking for files and the link does not work, never fear - all the old files are currently being moved to a new easy to access website for you all to login and get anything you need, at any time. So please bare with me a day or so while I finalize this new site, its literally 99.9% complete as far as uploads and member accounts. You just signed up literally on the week of migration :p timing.

Everyone will receive an email addressed to the account they are signed up on here with the login info in the coming days where all old downloads will be accessible to you once more. I've had to disable the dropbox while I migrate because it was causing syncing errors so please If you need a link for an old file urgently, message me and I can provide you with a link for it, otherwise wait for the new site to go live and its all there for you.

Changes to Tiers:

As of April 1st 2019:

Level 3 is renamed "Cosplay and Props" All props and cosplay now in one Tier.

* Nothing changes for current level 3 subscribers besides a name change from "Level 3" to "cosplay and props" - (read below! you will still have access to level 1/2/3 tiers and archives!!)

New Level 2 subscriptions are ceased from April onward.

All current $5 access members (level 2) retain all access rights and thanks to the new website, can still continue to get the new helmets and props and all patron downloads like they did before. For you nothing has to change, there just wont be new $5 subscribers joining from then onward. Technically you wont be in a Tier anymore, but nothing has to change for you regarding downloads either!!

Now, for the good part! (this is the bit I kept secret until the last 10 days of the month..)

Prices are increasing - but Even though prices are going up, thanks to the new system your accounts will still have the same access and you do not need to alter your subscription. Again, you are not being forced to change tiers, if anything this is a thank you for your support!

You helped get this place started and get it to where it is now, and as a thanks I want to give you all that bonus. Read below on what everyone subscribed will save. *** New Tiers being added + price changes (for new subscribers) REMEMBER YOUR CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION WILL NOT CHANGE IN PRICE, NO NEED TO DO ANYTHING.

New Tiers (2)
1. Sci fi modellers - for high detail movie scale props, displays, ships etc. $25/month subscription, more info coming soon - this is the elite tier for serious sci fi modellers. Starships, stations etc. All with authenticity to the original scale movie props. Not for the beginner printer nor the 1-day build people.

2. 3D modelling and sculpting courses (video tutorials, discord, 1 on 1 training also)
$20/month subscription, more info coming soon.

Name changes and amendments:

3. Cosplay and Props - (the current Level 3 tier) -$15 Subscription
4. Busts and Figures - (the previous level 1 tier) - $10 Subscription
5. Dioramas and Displays (previously level 1/2) - $10 Subscription

**scifi modellers and tutorials will be new tiers, and are separate as mentioned before. To access them you would need to sign up for that additional Tier. They are not for everyone.

In a nutshell.. what I am doing is removing this confusing level 1/2/3 system and replacing it with separate Tiers for what people want to sign up for, losing the mish mash of models and making it somewhat more organized.

Savings!
Now...The one time offer you all already are part of and didn't know it, explained...

If you are subscribed now on the Level 3 subscription, after April 1st you will be still paying $10, but have access to those tiers worth $30 while subscribed. Of course New subscribers after April 1st will be picking individual tiers to sign up for depending on the things they want to print. Your bonus is you get it all anyway!
Level 2, instead of paying $20 a month to access Level 1 and 2 type models from two Tiers, from now on, you will still pay $5 for the remainder of your subscription, indefinitely. Nothing changes, for you.

Level 1, your $1 sub now gains you access to the new $10 tier which is all patrons and your previous type models, same as before. Even to you that chose no reward and just donate, still this is the least I can do. You will have access to the same tier for the remainder of your account.

When I said signing up before April was a good idea, I wasn't kidding. :) This is a one -time offer and is only eligible to people who were signed up before the end of this month.

So like I said, if you have friends and want to do them a favor (and me at the same time!) you can tell them about this offer, but I'm not posting it on facebook. The offer only stands for 9 more days. Cut off is March 31st. After then they will be paying per individual Tier.

"So that's how we save money cool! , but how will it help the model flow?"

Currently the subscribers for Level 1 and 2 only make up a very very small percentage of members. It became increasingly difficult to devote serious time to those tiers because of the hours needed to make full dioramas, or busts, or full hero chess sets etc when it was only a small handful of people in those Tiers, and level 3 was going to get the models anyway.. I really began to focus on one tier (level 3) and that was purely down to member activity.

So by doing this, I can make the Tiers as choc-a-block loaded with detailed models as the new subscribers hopefully will make up the numbers to allow me to devote the time to such models. Regardless, whether subscribers or not it will still drive the quality of all those models up.

To keep it fair on the previous members, the allowance of them to retain their current price and rights is the fairest I can be, but I need to make it fair on myself too and push me to make more and better models, hence the changes. I have more hours I can devote to Patreon now and the more members, the more time I get it's basic math. :)

This has been a long process in the making, lots of if's and buts, but after 6 months of internal deliberation this is the format I want to go forward with. It is the result of a lot of experimenting over the past couple of years and I think (hope) will be the best way forward.

Thanks for reading, I know it was long but hard to cover everything. Will be more updates and models flowing as this new site is finished off, sorry for delays but needed to be done and I haven't played with coding in a long time, needed refresher :)

G”
Estes utilizadores agradeceram ao autor Yougurt pela mensagem:
Djizasse (24 mar 2019, 22:29)
Classificação: 12.5%
"Visivel apenas para utilizadores registados" Imagem

Tags:
_RM_
Newbie Maker
Newbie Maker
Registado: 10 nov 2018, 11:13
Enviou: 6 vezes
Agradecimento recebido: 11 vezes

26 mar 2019, 17:06

Ele tem cenas brutais :o
Pena eu não saber pintar e não ter uma impressora boa :(
Ender 3
latinhax
Novice Maker
Novice Maker
Registado: 19 dez 2018, 15:35
Enviou: 43 vezes
Agradecimento recebido: 21 vezes

26 mar 2019, 19:16

Ou seja se começarmos agora pagamos 10$ por mês e temos acesso ao conteudo dos 3 tiers?
Yougurt
Moderador Global
Moderador Global
Registado: 19 abr 2018, 13:52
Enviou: 490 vezes
Agradecimento recebido: 386 vezes
Contacto:

26 mar 2019, 20:17

sim, mas so ate dia 1 abril, a partir dai sera por antiguidade. 3, 6 e 12 meses do que percebi, para avancar nos tiers ( exactamente para combater quem so ficava 1 mes... )

cheguei a ver malta que , fazia patreon a meio do mês, e como o patreon so debita a dia 1, sacavam tudo, e cancelavam o patreon.... esses nem pagaram nada!

e vai criar mais tiers. por exemplo um curso de modelacao no tier dos 25€ ( mas a este nao terei acesso com o tier dos 10, mesmo tendo antiguidade.
"Visivel apenas para utilizadores registados" Imagem
Responder